As I sit down to write this week, I am filled with swirling thoughts and emotions. While I want to share my ideas and questions around my work, to connect with you and be of service, I am also keenly aware of the heaviness in my heart.
I love to focus on what brings me joy and areas that challenge me in my work yet I need to honor this moment in time. I am not just my work. Even when I am working, I bring all of me to everything I do. So I am going to pause now because it feels right.
Perhaps sharing some of the resources that I use to be in-the-moment/present to challenging times, and finding my way through, to tap into the strength to make change—personally, interpersonally, and societally—will be of interest and support to you. Here are some of my tried-and-true, and also a few newer-to-me gems.
- The Healing Power of the Breath, Dr. Richard Brown and Dr. Patricia Gerbarg
- The Joy of Appreciative Living, Jacqueline Kelm
- Dynamic Relationships, Jacqueline Stavros & Cheri Torres
- A Fearless Heart, Thupten Jinpa
- Radical Compassion, Tara Brach
- Nonviolent Communication, Marshall Rosenberg
- Authentic Happiness, Martin Seligman
Magazine and Sites
- Mindful, www.mindful.org
- Daily Good, www.dailygood.org
- NVC Academy, www.nvcacademy.com
- Tricycle Magazine and site, www.tricycle.com
- Lion’s Roar, www.Lionsroar.com
I also use these tools in my work and personal life:
- Points of You card decks: The Coaching Game and Punctum—for reflection and insight
- www.zentangle.com—for peace, calm, joy, beauty
It’s my hope that you will add your favorites—books, sites, podcasts (I didn’t even go there!), card decks, and more— so that I may expand my cache of resources.
If you are curious about any of these resources, please contact me. I am passionate about their impact on my life.