In each of the Bikablo programs, you develop your skills to “think with the pen,” to create shared understanding of complex or abstract ideas, processes, and more. I am delighted to be the United States member of the Bikablo certified trainer team.
Here’s a brief description of the programs I am currently offering.
Learn the details about each program in the .pdf download links at the bottom of the page.
bikablo Basics 2 Day Training
This is basic training for participants who want to take more time to develop their visualization skills and get deeper into visual thinking. On the first day, the basics and details of the Bikablo visualization technique are systematically developed, supplemented by modules such as handwriting, a pictogram library, or specific layout templates. On the second day complex, visual presentations for own personal topics are developed in extensive application phases.
bikablo Basics Day 1 Training
In the Day 1 program, participants get to know the building blocks of the bikablo visualization technique and then design flip chart posters for the communication of their own content.
- Learn to hold the pen, draw clean lines, and structure your space on the flip chart
- Create graphics and text containers/geometric shapes, objects and symbols
- Discover the easy ways the bikablo® method provides to draw people, roles, groups, and situations
- Use simple and fast options to color elements and spaces to support the graphic structure
- Improve your handwriting—make it more legible and attractive—on flip charts… and more!
“I can speak with firsthand knowledge that the Basics class is a great way to up your game in communicating with your team. Loved the training earlier this month in Madison WI. Jill is a great teacher!” – Beth Swanson
bikablo Basics Day 2 Training
The Day 2 training builds upon the foundational skills of the Day 1 program. We start fast and never look back. Be sure, when you sign up, to have your skills sharp because our first activity is a reminder of lessons learned; an eye-opener about possibilities.
- Learn rapid drawing techniques—draw icons, symbols, and figures FAST
- Explore emotions
- Improve your hand lettering—make it more legible and attractive
- Discover and practice a variety of headline styles
- Capture live conversations using a simple, elegant technique for creating visually appealing charts
- Work and play with mobile elements to create evergreen posters
- Develop a complex visual presentation—from idea to draft to revisions to the final product
About bikablo Basic
bikablo e-xtraklasse: a virtual learning trip in small groups
This coaching course is a deep dive—ten 90 minute sessions— into the methods and practices learned in the two day Bikablo Basic Training. It is intense—makes you stretch—and super fun!
The flow of our journey
The first eight sessions take place at a fixed weekly time and each has a specific focus. We repeat visual vocabulary such as containers and pictograms, enhance figures, get to the bottom of the subtleties of our visualization technology, answer questions, and give tips for independent further learning.
The ninth session takes place two weeks after the eighth session, the tenth session again two weeks later. On these two dates, there is the opportunity to discuss practical applications from your own practice with the trainer and group.