I am sooooo delighted to be starting a new year! What about you?
How are you envisioning your work and play in the coming year?
Yesterday, I was struck by the idea of laying out every little bit of my planning for public offerings (okay, that’s an exaggeration) for the first four months of the year… and I’m almost there. Here’s what is cooking in the variety of interrelated areas in which I work and play.
Choose to focus on your area(s) of interest or take it all in!
- bikablo — visual practitioner work and play
- Zentangle for focus and calm
- Appreciative Living Learning Circle for a new look at your daily life, increasing your joy every day
- Transformative Coaching: Appreciative Inquiry Design with a Positive Intelligence Approach
- Sharing the Highlights of Our Lives Visually (Creating a Visual Obituary) (Most recent addition, didn’t make the visual!)
If you prefer to see the big picture and then look at the details, here you go!
If you love a list, here’s the plan…
BIKABLO Virtual Training Programs
Bikablo Basic Day 1
For sketchnoters, scribes, graphic recorders, and graphic facilitators… those on the path to becoming visual practitioners.
- Learn to hold the pen, draw clean lines, and structure your space on the flip chart
- Create graphics and text containers/geometric shapes, objects, and symbols
- Discover the easy ways the bikablo® method provides to draw people, roles, groups, and situations
- Use simple and fast options to color elements and spaces to support the graphic structure
- Improve your handwriting—make it more legible and attractive—on flip charts… and more!
Training fee and materials, $500 USD
2.8, 10, 15 & 17.22 — First time ever in the evenings! Register here
3.4 & 3.5.22 — Friday & Saturday, Register here
Bikablo Basic Day 1 Refresher (for previous participants, 25% discount)
3.4 & 3.5.22 — Friday & Saturday, Register here
Training fee and materials, $375 USD
Bikablo Day 2
Continue your journey and take your skills to the next level!
- Learn rapid drawing techniques—draw icons, symbols, and figures FAST
- Explore emotions
- Improve your hand lettering—make it more legible and attractive
- Discover and practice a variety of headline styles
- Capture live conversations using a simple, elegant technique for creating visually appealing charts
- Work and play with mobile elements to create evergreen posters
- Develop a complex visual presentation—from idea to draft to revisions to final product
Training fee and materials, $500 USD
4.8 & 9.22, Register here
- Deepen your use of the bikablo visualization technique!
- Discover the three levels of poster/chart design
- Work and play with the emotions figures—bring them to life in a wide variety of narrative situations
- Develop transformation stories in three pictures with the emotions figures
- Write more legibly and faster—check your handwriting against legibility criteria
- Add to your repertoire of attractive headline styles
- Learn new mapping styles to take your scribing skills to the next level—develop meaningful, structured charts
- Use all the learning steps and methods in concert to create your final project
Training fee and materials, $900 USD
3.15, 17, 23, 25.22 — Register here
1:1 Time—Visual Practitioner Coaching with Jill
Are you seeking to raise your competencies in analogue or digital drawing and design? Whether it’s for your personal practice or graphic recording or graphic facilitation for clients, I can help you see your work in new ways, refine your skills in layout, use of color and lettering or guide you to explore new styles of drawing.
Package of three sessions—$600. Choose your sessions here.
(Choose the first date and we will finalize the remaining two sessions.)
Individual session—$250/50 minutes. Choose your session here.
Please reach out to me with your questions about all of this programming!
Every session is 7 pm ET for 75 minutes
Tangling with Our Favorite Memory of the Year!*
Learn more here.
* Previous experience with Zentangle required
Learn to tangle!
Intro to Zentangle session — FREE Session
Begin the journey by exploring the roots of this art and the steps to follow to draw your own beautiful patterns. In the very first class, working with creamy white tiles, black Micron pen, pencil, and a smudger, you will learn how to create your own beautiful Zentangle tiles and leave with a hunger to learn even more!
Stunning Black Zentangle tiles*
Explore the reverse of all you have learned—we will use black tiles and white pens! With gel pens in hand and white chalk pencil at the ready, we will play with layering techniques to create fascinating new visuals. Black tile and white pens—an awesome combination!
* features black tiles, pencil, white gel pen, and white chalk pencil
Introduction to Renaissance Tiles*
In this session, we shift into working with tan tiles, black, and brown pens, and white gel pens to visit the time of Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo. We will study the iconic characteristics of these masters and use techniques that are similar to make our own works of art.
- features Renaissance/tan tiles, black and sepia Micron pen, white gel pen, and white chalk pencil
The Beauty of Zendalas*
Step into the mystery of circular pattern drawing—it’s relaxing and fantastic! These tiles are astonishing and call for our best creative selves. Learn to create simple designs that pop in this new configuration! Fall into the rhythm of working in the round.
- features Zendala tiles plus pens noted above
Crossing the Border
Join in the fun of creating beautiful borders for frames, greeting cards, postcards, and more! Discover specific tangles that work well in this format. We will focus on making frames for photo cards. This is a great way to share your tangling skills to surround a special photo of your family or friends.
- features notecards plus pens noted above
Series Dates: 1.11, 18, 25 & 2.1.22
Buy the package!
- Package of all series classes with all materials sent to you one week prior to class (USPS in the USA) — $120 ($96.00 + $24 for all materials, postage, and handling). Register here.
- Package of all series classes (without materials) — $96.00, Register here,
ZIA—Zentangle Inspired Art for Valentine’s Day
It’s not doodling and it’s not scribbling —it’s Zentangle Inspired Art! Take the art of the Zentangle method for creating beautiful images by drawing repetitive patterns—and change it up!
In this session, we will draw tangles within representational constraints. Bring your favorite image in outline form—a heart, your initials, your sweetie’s initials—you choose! We’ll fill it with patterns using our pen and pencil, making our own unique works of art! You will complete the session feeling relaxed and calm.
FREE Session, Register here
** No previous experience required
Appreciative Living Learning Circle
Imagine what it would be like to…
- Energize yourself each morning with a positive, productive attitude for the day ahead…in less than five minutes
- Transform the negative thoughts and beliefs that keep you stuck and unable to create the life you truly want
- Develop stronger, smoother and more meaningful relationships with your spouse, family, friends and co-workers
- Recognize the potential good in ANY and EVERY situation
Appreciative Living Learning Circles were created to do just that! You will learn an easy-to-understand, practical set of exercises that will change the way you see the world and help you become truly happier. And best of all, it takes just a few minutes a day.
4.9, 16, 23 & 30.22
Group ALLC – $149 + purchase book on your own. Register here.
Group ALLC for returning participants — $119 (20% discount), Register here.
Package — ALLC course + one 50 min coaching session – $349 (Group experience plus 20 % discount on the coaching session.) Register here.
Package of Group ALLC course + three 50 min coaching sessions – $749 (Group experience plus 20 % discount on coaching package of three sessions.) Register here.
Sharing the Highlights of Our Lives Visually
When we make the time to think about the breadth and depth of our lives, there is so much to be remembered!
In this two-part workshop, we share what we know about writing obituaries and explore the topic of life stories. We learn about creating visual obituaries and use a variety of questions to spark memories. There’s time in between sessions to gather memories, photos, and materials and create your visual. We come together to share our creations and experiences with this life-affirming process.
3. 16 & 23.22
Transformative Coaching—Appreciative Inquiry Lens + PQ/Positive Intelligence approach
Curious to learn more about this fascinating, fun, and life-changing work? Discover if this approach is the right fit for you!
Book a time for a complimentary strategy session, here.